Newport Community Church teaches and upholds the tenets of historic Biblical Christianity:
• The Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God, completely adequate for salvation and for every work approved of God (Ephesians 2:10; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
• The Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – are co-equal and co-eternal persons, one in essence, character, and purpose yet distinct in personality (Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19).
• Jesus Christ was born of a young virgin woman through the power of the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
• Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man (Galatians 4:4; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3).
• The humanity of Jesus Christ was and is without sin, resurrected to life forever glorified and righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22).
• Jesus Christ’s death on the cross is a substitutionary payment for sin, able to atone for the sins of all people yet efficacious only among those who repent and believe (Romans 3:23-25; Hebrews 2:17; 1 John 2:2).
• Salvation is by grace alone and solely through repentance and faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Matthew 3:8; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; James 2:17).
• God will conclude history at a pre-appointed time and every believer and unbeliever will be bodily resurrected and judged by Jesus Christ – the former to everlasting life with God, the latter to eternal separation from God. Creation is subsequently transformed into an eternal state of glory in which the redeemed are forever consoled, incomparably joyful, and unrelentingly satisfied from knowing and seeing God face-to-face (John 5:28-29; Acts 17:31; Romans 8:19-23; Revelation 21:3-4).